The worst place to vacuum in a home is easily the stairs. A staircase can come in all different shapes and sizes, making it virtually impossible for many vacuum cleaners to remove dirt and debris. The best case scenario is to use a hose and attachment while holding the vacuum in place with many models.
The Best Dustbuster for Stairs Options
Each style of vacuum for the stairs has its own advantages and disadvantages that must be considered before purchase. Here is a brief look at what each type of vacuum brings into the home.
- Canister vacuums: These vacuums work on the stairs if the hose is long enough to reach to the top. Not all vacuums offer this option, so be sure to measure the length of the staircase before finalizing a purchase.
- Cordless vacuums:Some vacuums are specifically designed to be run on a battery. These may be handheld or stick vacuums. Stick vacuums are a little bigger than handheld vacs and operate in a similar fashion to uprights. Some offer a 2-in-1 option that allows them to become a handheld vacuum specifically for the stairs.
- Handheld stair vacuums: These are smaller, more portable vacuums that may or may not be cordless. They offer smaller cleaning surfaces than other vacuuming options, but can remove all types of debris, including pet hair, very effectively.
- Upright vacuums: The difference is that many upright vacuums can climb the stairs with you as you’re vacuuming so that if the hose isn’t long enough, the job can still get done. Look for lightweight models to provide the most control.
Some best stair vacuum cleaner features
- Weight: It is imperative to choose a vacuum cleaner that is lightweight and easy to carry. This will make it much easier to clean your stairs, when compared to a heavier vacuum cleaner.
- Length of House: A lengthy house will give you the ability to vacuum the stairs, without lugging around the vacuum. In this category, a lengthier hose is always better.
- An Included Stair Tool: Some vacuums will come with an additional stair tool. This handy little item is perfectly designed for cleaning stairs. If you want to save energy and money in the future, you will definitely want to opt for a vacuum, which comes with this item.
- The Vacuum’s Power: The vacuum will need more power to maintain its suctioning power throughout a lengthy hose. A more powerful vacuum is always recommended.
- Warranty: This will ensure that the vacuum serves you for an increased period of time.
Read our next article: